To: mogul@pa.dec.com
CC: http-caching@pa.dec.com, internet-drafts@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: Revised "Range:" proposal
From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Sender: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Fake-Sender: masinter@parc.xerox.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 19:32:19 PST

Since the byte range draft is now a 'committee' work, I suggest you
name this

   draft-ietf-http-range--retrieval-00.txt

and add a header that says that "A subgroup of the HTTP working group
has developed this after several rounds of discussion. Some but not
all parts of this proposal are currently implemented in commercial web
servers and browsers."