Re: How can we support in-block newline break preservation

On 8/03/16 8:14 am, Geoff McLane wrote:
> So I do not think Tidy is likely to support newline breaks in normal
> text, but as said maybe I do not understand the question!

Actually, it does.  Sort of.  If you use the command line option -xml
you can use the xml:space="preserve" attribute on an element and
Tidy5 will not reflow the text of that element.  By actual test, you
can even do <html xml:space="preserve">.

Just to repeat: the input *has* to be well formed XML for this to
work; if you tell Tidy5 the input is good XML and it isn't, you are
to blame for whatever happens.