Re: test/output directory

Hi,

The tests are really regression tests: run them and get the output.
Modify the code in a different tree. Run the tests again, make sure
they succeed and check that their output is unchanged.
For instance, you can extract tidy as it was in 2005, run the tests
and compare their output with the current one.
The output of the tests goes in "test/tmp". "test/output" looks indeed unused.

Regards,