Re: Just beautify, no cleanup

* <george.lewe@lhsystems.com> wrote:
>I do not want Tidy to change ANY content. I just want indentation. Is
>that possible? I don't seem to get it to work with the parameters.

There are some options that will prevent some modifications, the tidy-
mark option for example can be used to prevent adding a meta generator
element. It might be worthwhile to write up the combination of options
that will minimize modifications. Note however that some modifications
are essentially impossible to prevent for any tool, many errors have
to be fixed for example, and some information is usually lost, like if
you used &#x0000f6; in place of &#xf6;. Reformatting without making
such changes would be very difficult.