Re: HTML Tidy extension for Opensuse 10 needed

Am 08.12.2006 um 09:40 schrieb B.G. Mahesh:

> hi
>
> I am looking for the PHP5.1.2 extension of HTML Tidy. I wasn't able
> to find it on http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/server10/
> i386/index_all.html
>
> Any help is appreciated

As far as I know, php-tidy has been integrated in SuSE Linux first in
SUSE Linux 10.1, but not in SUSE Linux 10.0/SLE10. php-tidy depends
on libtidy (the TidyLib), which hasn't been part of the distribtion
before (only the commandline program tidy has been part of before).
Since SUSE Linux 10.0, I am the maintainer of Tidy/libtidy packages
for SUSE Linux, so libtidy packages have been part of the
distribution since SUSE Linux 10.0.
I cannot give an answer to the question, why the tidy-php package has
been part of the SUSE Linux distribution so late (it's part of SUSE
Linux 10.1 and _not_ 10.0 first, although my provided libtidy
packages have been available). I remember, that when I began
providing libtidy packages to SUSE, I have pointed the php package
maintainer several times to fix this php issue, so ask SUSE's PHP
package maintainer for the delay.

You can get the latest php packages and appropriate libtidy packages
for several SUSE Linux/openSUSE distributions from the openSUSE Build
Service (trunk and newest factory builds) from

http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/php/

or its its associated software repository (the only FTP mirror for
daily builds as of today)
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/

To be a little bit more stable, you can also get these packages from

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/ and its several mirrors
(here you can find the SUSE/openSUSE distributions as they are stable
published on CD/DVD).

On http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Released_Version and
http://de.susewiki.org/index.php?title=Smart-mirror-liste, you can
find a mirror list of more FTP Mirror Servers, which mirror http://
download.opensuse.org/.

So, finally said, maybe you have to install the php packages for SUSE
Linux 10.1, because only since then php-tidy is part of the
distribution. Or you have to install a recent SRPM package of php and
build php-tidy for SUSE Linux 10.0 manually. Maybe the dependencies
of the PHP packages do allow, that you can install php-tidy of SL
10.1 only and stick with your SL 10.0 PHP. Give it a try.

Hope this helps,
Sierk Bornemann

--
Sierk Bornemann | Germany