Re: <link> and <script> tags are removed. Why?

* Robin Smidsrød wrote:
>At the moment I have this content:
>
><script type="text/javascript"
>src="http://xxx/js/tabpane/tabpane.js"></script>
><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
>href="http://xxx/js/tabpane/tab.winclassic.css" />

This is in <head>

Which means this is not in <head> but in <body>.

>show-body-only: y

Since link and script are not in <body>, showing only what is in body
does not show them.

>I want to output XHTML 1.1, but apparently Tidy only support XHTML 1.0.

The input document must have a XHTML 1.1 document type and the document
must not use non-XHTML 1.1 features, then it'll work. Otherwise use a
XHTML 1.1-only feature which will have similar effects. Note that with
show-body-only you'll not get XHTML 1.1, but some sort of XHTML fragment
without version information.

>And just in case, I'll be using this in an AJAX application, that's why
>I don't need the entire header, only the body content.

You still need a single root element for it to be well-formed XML; what
you could do is to ensure that Tidy notices that you don't pass a header
like putting a <body> in front of the string you parse.