Re: Updates to HTML Tidy

* Gustav Colliander wrote:
>   I would like to do some updates to HTML Tidy but I dont know who to contact?

This list and the tidy-develop list as well as the sourceforge.net bug
and patch tracking facilities can be used. http://tidy.sourceforge.net
has all the details.

>There are a number of bugs with how it handles <li> tags when converting to XHTML
>for example, please look at this sample input HTML which when viewed in a browser
>seems fine, but when converted to XHTML tidy just ignores the </li> tags and puts
>in a <li> tag!!  Even though I put in lots of </li> tags they all get ignored!

container element, which is not allowed. Tidy corrects this by
putting the orphan list items in a <ul class="noindent"> element
(or simply a ul element in the latest version); this might indeed
not yield in the same visual effect, but if I remember the dis-
cussion correctly, this seemed an unimportant loss. You might be
able to restore the functionality using the cvs log and the
discussion around this issue in the bug tracker.