Fwd: Re: HTML TIDY is adding unwanted code

Can someone please answer this? Thanks.

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, laral4 wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I just started using your cool program, HTML TIDY,
> > recently. I read the configuration options
> thoroughly
> > and created a config file to use. I've attached it
> > this message.
> >
> > A problem I'm having is that it is adding HTML
> tags
> > that are altering the look and functionality of my
> > code. It is taking something like this:
> >
> > <ul>
> > .
> > .
> > .
> >    <li>Title 1
> >        <ul>
> >            <li>Item 1</li>
> >            <ul>
> >                <li>Item a</li>
> >                <li>Item b</li>
> >            </ul>
> >        </ul>
> >    </li>
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > </ul>
> >
> > and converting it to this:
> >
> > <ul>
> > .
> > .
> > .
> >    <li>Title 1
> >
> >        <ul>
> >            <li>Item 1</li>
> >
> >            <li style="list-style: none">
> >                <ul>
> >                    <li>Item a</li>
> >
> >                    <li>Item b</li>
> >                </ul>
> >            </li>
> >        </ul>
> >    </li>
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > </ul>

So this:

# Title 1
    * Item 1
          o Item a
          o Item b

now looks like this:

# Title 1
    * Item 1

          o Item a
          o Item b

Is there any switch that will allow me to retain
the
original code without this additional enclosing
li.

BTW the reason I want to do it this way is
because I
am using listCollapse.js
(http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/jsexamples/listCollapseExample.html)
which makes a list item, that encloses a ul
within its
structure, into a collapsible object. The
additional
enclosing li adds another level of collapsing
that I
don't want.

config file:

http://mail.yahoo.com