Re: install tidy, but missing tidylib?

* Anne Ramey wrote:
>When I google tidylib, I end up at http://tidy.sourceforge.net/ but when
>I install tidy from there I still get this message when trying to
>install the perl module HTML::tidy
>
>HTML-Tidy-1.06# perl Makefile.PL
>Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ltidy
>Writing Makefile for HTML::Tidy
>
>it won't make.  Where do I get the library it's missing?

I think you need to download the source code and build and install the
library from it, the binaries just include the standalone statically
linked `tidy` command line utility. http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html has
the import library and DLLs is you are on Windows. For other platforms
like some linux distributions, using the standard package installer
might work, too, since many distributions provide tidylib in some way.