Re: Tidy outputs no HTML-Entities

* Eric Bleinagel wrote:
>Tidy is running on a server within a CMS (as the last instance, the output
>is coming directly from Tidy); I have no idea what version it is. I can
>access Tidy only via changing the config-file.

I suspect this is a misconfiguration on the server, as you point out, it
works fine using your configuration file. For example, the server might
invoke Tidy via something that corresponds to

  % tidy -config example.cfg -latin1 ...

such that the -latin1 option overrides the configuration file. I would
suggest you contact whoever running the server.

>input-encoding:ascii

Note that your input file is not actually US-ASCII encoded, you should
use latin1 here.