Re: tidy: request for enhancement: empty lines between block-level elements

Thanks.  vertical-space appears to be exactly the solution I wanted.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:33:39AM -0500, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>[courtesy of Dave Raggett's forward to the html-tidy list...]

Apologies to Dave for my misdirected mail, and thanks to him for forwarding
it.  I was using tidy via ssh, so simply looked at the bottom of
Overview.html in elinks to find a problem report address.

>Arnaud Desitter wrote:
>
>> Have you tried "--vertical-space yes" ?
>
>Or "--indent auto"?

Definitely not want I wanted, but thanks.

>Also it's *generally* advisable to be using a recent version of Tidy from
>http://tidy.sourceforge.net.

Debian unstable; version number is marked 20040811 (for tidy) and 20040810
(for tidy-doc).  I did apparently manage to overlook vertical-space; my bad.
It didn't contain the words to match my vgrep, I guess.  But it's in the
documentation, and in fact is in pretty-print options, so I don't think
there's even a documentation bug there.  pebkac.  oh, well.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
But pain ... seems to me an insufficient reason not to embrace life.