Re: How to use Tidy GUI with Word 2002

Scott wrote:

 > Has anyone given you suggestions? I am having similar problems.
 >
 > Scott Wiseman

When Tidy fixes Word XML it is very agressive in removing markup that
otherwise would be acceptable HTML. For this reason, when it is told to fix
Word 2000 output it checks to be sure that the file it is fixing really was
created by M$Word. If it doesn't find an M$Word signature at the beginning of
the file it does not perform the Word cleanup.

When you use the HTML filter with Word 2002 it strips from the output the
signatures that Tidy uses to detect Word XML, while leaving in much of the
content that makes M$Word output so objectionable. As a result, Tidy doesn't
perform the Word cleanup, even though you asked it to.

Try saving your output from Word "as Web Page", but not filtered. I think you
may find that this will solve your problem.