Re: "commented" CDATA for <style>!

* Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>Any chance for an option to *not* wrap the <style> section in "commented"
>CDATA sections?  There are no '<' or '&' characters needed in any version of
>CSS.  It would be sooo much nicer to have just a plain

>instead of the grotesque

>  /*<![CDATA[*/
>
>  /*]]>*/
>
>currently emitted with XHTML output.

Yes... Long standing issue, see http://tinyurl.com/2yham if you like. It
is however possible that style elements include <, & or ]]>, a reference
to a background image generated by a server side script, in generated
content or comments for example. The current escape code is in pprint.c,
it should be moved to clean.c and probably needs a rewrite to address
several bugs listed in the bug tracker. Patches most welcome! (as are
concrete proposals for configuration options).

>PS.  I tried sending this to the 'tidy-develop' list, but I keep getting an
>
>	Unknown user: tidy-develop@lists.sourceforge.net
>
>error in the returned mail.

Works for me?!