Re: [Tidy-dev] parsing of script's

André wrote:

>1. need to add an option to not change script contenet at all, cause its
>some times messes upp the script totally.

Can you provide an example where tidy should not touch script content?
It should only change script content where needed for standards
compliance and in a non-desstructive way so an example of where this
does not work correctly would be helpful.

>2. This is also usefull for Asp.Net files, but you should make tidy aware of
>the runat="server" attribute.

Great idea, for server-side scripting we may want to consider not
parsing the content at all since it will be replaced by the server
anyway and not be part of the final document. Would you mind raising
this feature request in the tidy tracker at http://tidy.sf.net?

One caveat: tidy attempts to correct the document structure
independently of the server-side processing, so something like

<script runat="server" type="text/vbscript">
Response.Write(tablecontent$)
Response.Write("</table>")
</script>

will not be processed as desired since tidy will add the </table>
element, which is also generated by the script then.

>3. an option to set how many spacings or/and tabs to use for source
>formating

tidy --indent-spaces n should do this already.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net