Re: User question: line breaks

* Susan Lesch wrote:
>>and want Tidy to emit e.g.

>Yes,

I've restored what Tidy did in March 2003 and it would not emit the
markup above, but there are some flaws... `tidy --vertical-space yes
-wrap 0` for http://www.w3.org would give

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004May/att-0028/www.w3.org.html_

e.g.

  </li>
  <h2 class="newsHeading"><a name="news" id="news">News</a>
  </h2>

the newlines preceding end tags are not really desireable, so upgrading
Tidy to use this incarnation of `--vertical-space yes` might not be a
solution to your problem. I'll see what I can do about this and drop you
a line.

>In the meantime, this turned out to do what I needed:
>
>indent: auto
>indent-spaces: 0
>
>except that it wraps comments, so for example:

>    <!-- comment -->
>
>becomes:

Ok, I've filed a bug report for this, <http://tidy.sf.net/bug/953800>.

Does `--indent-spaces 0` actually disable indentation in your version?
As far as I can see, you would still get the default 2 space
indentation, even though `--indent-spaces 1` seems to work...

regards.