Re: User question: line breaks

* Susan Lesch wrote:
>I tried Web search and Tidy docs but no luck. At least in BBTidy,
>output has an extra line break after most elements so there is a
>blank line (then, even with indent off it is possible to visually
>scan through a file).
>
>What is the tidy config option to do that?

You mean, you have e.g.

and want Tidy to emit e.g.

without indentation? Hmm... It's (close to) what old versions of Tidy
did, we changed it for some reason and later introduced an experimental
boolean config option 'vertical-space'... A March 2003 build would
indeed generate the above using `--vertical-space yes` but current
builds do not... I'll have a look at it.