Re: Is there a java based, open sourced...

Hi Sherman,

If open source is not a hard condition, the only options I know are 'online
authoring tools' like Ephox! EditLive! for Java
<http://www.ephox.com/product/editliveforjava/default.asp> and eWebEditPro
<http://www.ektron.com/ewebeditpro.cfm>.
All open-source Java-based (X)HTML editors that I've ever come across were
code editors.
You could check if the Jazilla project (Mozilla in Java,
<http://jazilla.sourceforge.net/>) has planned an editor, but I think
they're concentrating on developing a browser first.
Alternatively, you could try configuring an XML-editor like Morphon
<http://www.morphon.com/> with a stylesheet to make XHTML editing more user
friendly.
XMLMind <http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/> also supports (more or less
WYSIWYG) XHTML-editing, but is not open source. However, it is possible to
add extensions in Java.

Regards,

Christophe Strobbe