Re: desperate 2

On 12 Sep 2003 at 12:42, Mim wrote:

> I've tried to download another copy (Dublin mirror) but just get a
> strange file which I cannot 'read' tidy4aug00.tgz

This is a tar-gzipped archive. I deduce that you're running on some
flavour of Windows and therefore have nothing that handles a .tgz
archive; but it wouldn't be any use to you anyway.

> All links to download tidy lead back to the same web page
> sourceforge.net I would really appreciate another copy of Tidy as I
> found it very useful. Even if it is an older copy.

If you go to <http://tidy.sourceforge.net> and scroll down, you'll
find a section headed "other builds" - the first entry there is for a
27-Feb-2003 Windows version, in a zip archive.

If you want the 4Aug00 version, you are welcome to download it from
<http://www.fred.bone.dial.pipex.com/Storage/tidy4aug00.zip> if you
can't find it anywhere else. You would, of course, be taking my word
for it that this is an unmodified copy of the original.

Either way, you'll need an unzip program (unless you're running
Windows XP which I gather can do zip archives all by itself). If you
don't have one, look for PKZIP, WinZip or PowerArchiver. Or, if
you're reasonably computer literate, InfoZip's WiZ.