Re: Table moved to end of file

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:36:06 +0200, Boudewijn Waijers <bwaijers@tiscali.nl>
wrote:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>> When I use HTML-tidy to clean an html file, all the <table>s contained
>>> in such a file get moved to the end, after the </body> tag.
..

>> I am unable to reproduce this behaivour using current sources. If there
>> was such a bug I believe it is fixed now or your test case is
>> incomplete. Could you try a more recent version of HTML Tidy?

..

> As I mentioned in a follow-up mail, adding a </tr> to the input (just
> before the </table> solves the problem.

The TR is optional in HTML 4, so it shouldn't matter. A long time ago, I
also found that Tidy messed up tables when you set (as Boudewijn did, or
HTML-Kit did it for him):

hide-endtags=yes

... and then ran Tidy on HTML code that was already missing the optional
end-tags. But I can't replicate that in a recent build.

--
The Web is a procrastination apparatus:  |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
It can absorb as much time as            |   Documentation & QA