Hi,

I tried with  "output-xhtml yes" option. Now though it didn't insert space
in the expression, it has following problems.

1. html element has namespace reference.

Is there any way to avoid "xmlns" attribute in the "html" element?

2. Style tag content is enclosed as follows.

/*<![CDATA[*/
 div.c2 {text-align: left}
 p.c1 {text-align: center}
/*]]>*/

Any idea why is "/*<![CDATA[*/" and "/*]]>*/". Does it work okay on
browser?

Historically the <em>, <sup> stuff work working perfect with "HTML Tidy
release date: 4th August 2000[[See http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett for
details]". Even though the option was "output-xml yes" and it was not
"output-xhtml yes"

The above tidy version was used in live production system and was working
perfect. Recently, we started facing system crash with older tidy and hence
switeched to new tidy. The new tidy isn't crashing but having different
behaviou with <em>, <sub> etc tags.

Thanks