Re: Discarding Tags

Your understanding is correct.  You must declare all elements.

By all means, log an enhancement request to add an option to leave them
intact.  You can follow the link at the top-right of the project page:
http://tidy.sf.net.

I don't think it is a bad idea, per se.  But Tidy needs to know how to
handle unrecognized elements: block, inline, empty or pre.  Perhaps one of
these could be the value of the --default-model
block|inline|empty|pre|omit, where "omit" says to drop unknown elements as
per the current behavior.

But this is a fairly basic change.  I'd like to hear some discussion to get
a better feel for its impact and value.

take it easy,
Charlie