RE: Empty <div> tags

could you make an option that would be disabled by default?

> Am I right in thinking that empty block elements with attributes
> should not be dropped?

This is correct.

> Also, out of curiosity, what kind of style is useful for an empty DIV?

we have about 500 forms that are converted from PDF and they use the style
attribute that defines border-top,border-left,top,left, and width to draw
lines duplicating the converted form.

i.e.
<DIV
STYLE="position:absolute;top:168px;left:0px;width:729px;border-top-style:sol
id;border-top-width:1px;border-top-color:#000000;"></DIV>

There can be hundreds of these per form.
Charlie