Re: Tidy bug (malformed URI reference)

* Charles Reitzel wrote:
>Unfortunately, this is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you
>don't".

Indeed, so authors should avoid using spaces or non-ASCII characters in
URIs, no matter what scheme.

>FWIW, I couldn't find Javascript links <a href="javascript: ...">foo</a>
>described anywhere in the HTML spec.

The scheme is not registered and due to usability and accessability
issues, no one should use it, especially not the HTML recommendation.

>So we may be in a gray area of
>compliance with the _Recommendation_.

No, there is a normative reference to RFC 2396 which forbids spaces in
URI references, and there is

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes#h-B.2.1
  http://www.w3.org/International/O-URL-and-ident.h

Tidy does what is written in the specification,
such behaivour is not a bug and won't be changed.