Re: conspicuous example of newer tidy not handling errors as well

Hi Lucas,

Just get it straight, exactly which COM wrapper are you using?  I did a
refresh of André's version last spring.  Since then, I did a brand new one
based on TidyLib.
I call the new one TidyATL to distinguish it from André's original.

Anyway, I just looked at that page and I do not see what you see.  I see
four (4) tables: 1 for the header, 1 for the body and two for the
footer.  Each is closed perfectly well.  Tidy accurately parses and prints
all four.

In fact, that page is fairly clean.  The only warnings are the usual 'table
lacks "summary" attribute' and the odd empty paragraph used for vertical
spacing.

Have another look and see if you still see the problem or perhaps you test
on a copy of an older version of the page.  If the latter, can you send a
small sample that reproduces the behavior?

take it easy,
Charlie