Re: Tidy errors

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:18:40 +0100, Hofmann Juergen (SaW/QSG1) * <Juergen.Hofmann2@de.bosch.com>
 wrote:

..

> 1b. Tidy-Warning-Message:
> line 87 column 91 - Warning: '<' + '/' + letter not allowed here
> line 89 column 69 - Warning: '<' + '/' + letter not allowed here
>
> 1c. Comment:
> In my opinnion the HTML-Source is all right.

Your opinion isn't what counts here :)
Validity is measured by the HTML specs and its formal definition as an SGML
application. This issue is not a problem for browsers, which aren't real
SGML parsers anyway. But the fix doesn't harm browsers either. See
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#script for a good
explanation.

> 2a. HTML-Code:
..
> 2c. Comment:
> In line 21 of the HTML-Source Tidy interpret the '<' sign false
> (JavaScript). That occurs many different warnings in the Error-Output-
> File
> and Tidy's-HTML-Output-File is completely false.

That might be a bug. Let's hear what the Tidy developers say about it.

--
If you don't like having choices    |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
made for you, you should start      |   Documentation & QA