Re: Viruses - I'm fed up too

At 06:34 PM 10/26/2002 +0200, Jany Quintard wrote:
> > I wonder if allowing only text/* would be possible?
>
>That's what we do on DSSSL list.
>Text files are directly included in mails.

The Apache lists do that, and the results are not always what you
expect.  It seems you might as well just disallow all attachments and paste
in the markup.  Most people do anyway and at least you know what you are
sending before you send it.

Proper attachments are convenient because most mail readers have an easy
way to save the file locally.  I just drop files into my Tidy test
directory and open them with TidyUI to get a quick look at the problem.  It
saves me several steps.  Call me lazy ...

Also, it strikes me that an attachment is _less_ likely than in-line text
to be executed as a script by the mail reader.

Sorry so picky.  Btw, who can/will actually do anything about managing this
list?

take it easy,
Charlie