RE: [Tidy-dev] RE: Which link at SourceForge?

Charles Reitzel wrote:

> I don't know if I addressed your concerns fully, but
> hopefully it is improved somewhat.  Have a look-see at the
> usual: http://tidy.sf.net/ I did put a link to my Tidy
> page at the top under "latest news" and again, in the
> "ports" section.

Much, much better!!!  Good work.

I would kill the "Other Builds" section on the main part of the page --
it doesn't provide any relevant info (*what* other builds?  the ones in
the "ports" box on the right?  Anyway, see below...).

> Any other GUI links we should add?  We probably need to
> start aging out some of the oldest links (or move them to a
> "old links" page).

Probably a good idea.  Especially after you bring out Tidylib.  In the
meantime, I would just reorganize that "Other Ports of Tidy" section.
It's currently too much of jumble with a bit of everything thrown in.
Separate them from one long "box" into several boxes, something like:

------------------<snip>---------------------
Tidylib
  Tidylib *sources*
  Charlie Reitzel's *page* with Win32 binary
    C++, Perl and COM wrappers, and a GUI
      // the first item can be deleted/moved to the
      // main section when Tidylib is released;
      // the last can then be moved to another
      // section[s], and this whole box deleted.

Other Implementations
  Tidy for Mac OS - various GUI clients
  Tidy for Atari
  Tidy for MiNT (Atari)
  Tidy for Amiga
  Tidy for BeOS
  Tidy for AIX - AIX v4.3.2 and later
  Tidy for RedHat Linux
  Tidy for other Linux distributions
  Tidy for UnixWare
  Tidy for HP-UX - from Olaf Hopp
  Tidy for HP-UX - from Ian Springer
  Tidy for Solaris
  Tidy for FreeBSD
  Tidy for RISC OS
  Tidy for OpenVMS
  Tidy (MinGW) - Win32 command line
  Tidy386 for MS-DOS - uses DPMI
  C++ version of Tidy
  Python interface to Tidy library
  Web interface to Tidy

Windows Editors & Components
  HTML-Kit - integrated editor
  TidyGUI - GUI front end
  TidyCOM - COM wrapper
  1st Page 2000 - integrated editor
  For MS FrontPage 2000 - VB script
  NoteTab - integrated editor

Editor Plugins
  Tidy plugin for Vim
  Tidy for Emacs/XEmacs:
    from Philip J. Hollenback
    from Tod Matola
    from Kal Hodgson

> Disclaimer: a list of binaries / platforms / dates
> /whodunnit seems like a legitimate use of tables.

Of course!

/Jelks