Re: Tidying using TidyCom - repeated attribute question.

Julian,

Many thanks for using JUMP to do the conversion of JTidy java source to C#
and emailing me the files. Unfortunately JUMP does not seem capable of
handling 'complex' Java programs.

I compiled the C# code and got lots of errors, I was expecting this though.
However the following message appeared 165 times in the converted code:

"//UPGRADE_TODO: The equivalent in .NET for ... will be considered in a
future release."

This informs you that methods, expressions, classes, etc. have different
behaviour in .net from Java or simply have no equivalent (EG. Java Beans)
and that they may sort this out in a future release. On the up-side 142 of
the errors are the same error and refer to a specific GetString() method.

I will investigate how easily these 'errors' can be manually fixed and if I
think I can do it, I'll give it a go. I'm also trying to update TidyCOM but
have a few unresolved external symbol linking errors (the worst error as it
doesn't show you very well where the problem occurs). At the moment
updating TidyCOM seems the simplest option.

By the way although I have no idea which version of Tidy JTidy is based on
it seems to handle post TidyCOM options (EG. 'repeated_attribute',
'doctype'). Which version of the JTidy source did you convert?

You will be kept informed of my progress.

I got back from a meeting to see both your request for my phone number and
the source code, so assumed it was too late for the phone call. Many thanks
for doing the JUMP conversion, I appreciate it.

Regards,

..matthew