Re: request for new warning re name attributes

* Dave Raggett wrote:
>The following request arises from experience within W3C.
>When tidying a document where there are links with name
>attributes which start with digits, Tidy adds an id attribute
>but doesn't warn about invalid values. ID values can't start
>with digits.

Yes, but running Tidy on the same document after adding the id, current
Tidy will warn about the invalid id attribute...

So you suggest adding something like the following?

  if (name is no valid ID)
    ReportWarning "cannot add id attribute, invalid ID '1foo'"
  else
    add_id_to_element

Should we warn about names that cannot be IDs in general?