Tidy bug report (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:46:29 -0700
From: Dave Goodall <dgoodall@insweb.com>
To: "'dsr@w3.org'" <dsr@w3.org>
Subject: Tidy bug report

  Thanks for this marvellous program.
  Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  I hope these comments will helpt to improve it:

   Running out-of-the-box on a vanilla NT platform

   1. tidy -f errs.txt index.html  outputs a 0 size errs.txt file

   2. with the otherwise vanilla example cfg file supplemented wit an
error-file option:
       // Tidy Config file
      error-file: errs.txt
      indent: auto
      indent-spaces: 2
      yadda yadda ....

      tidy index.html still puts out an 0 byte errs.txt file

   3. The 2>&1 trick does NOT work to re-direct output.
       I finally used a wrapper program i wrote to launch tidy under it and
       catch and re-direct it's output.

   4. The acknowledgements on this page
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
        are broken, and render as :

         <<...OLE_Obj...>>

Dave Goodall | Senior Software Developer | InsWeb Corp
I'll have it all figured out by the time we reach the frontier.
What's that?
The frontier.