Re: tidy --help

At 4:43 PM +0800 12/7/01, Dan Jacobson wrote:
>Come on, fellas,
>
>$ tidy01nov01 --help
>Warning - missing or malformed argument for option: help
>
>HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 (vers 1st November 2001; built on Nov  9 2001, at
>00:06:22)
>Parsing console input (stdin)
>--------
>firstly, I'd quit if I got an argument i couldn't swallow.
>
>secondly, --help should be like -help... at least have this one of the
>usual '--' options of other commands work...
>--

You do have a valid complaint. I think I noticed some time ago the code was
wrong, but didn't really see a big problem in actual use of Tidy.

Anyway, I have now fixed the code to correctly report that "help" (etc) is
not a valid config option.

Thinking that you actually expected "--help" to operate the same as
"-help", be aware that "-help" explains the use of "--" options, and there
is an existing feature request report (#480988) for supporting the
"standard" --option=value format for parameters, which you can look at :

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=390966&aid=480988&group_id=276
59>

Thanks for the report.

Regards, Terry