Re: Tidy under Windows A easier way

make a batch file with these three lines

find /v /n "" %1 > %1_num.txt
copy %1 "%1_newver.htm"
tidy.exe -config config.txt -f %1_notes.txt -modify "%1_newver.htm"

put this batch file in the same folder as TIDY.EXE and go and add to you "right click as below"

      Send any file to any program.
      When you click on to a file that your computer has never opened before you would of seen the "Open With" box,  see Image 1  (for this example I made a text file and called it "a.bcd" and clicked on to it.)

      The first time you try this option you should always un-tick the "Always use this program to open this file", otherwise if you choose the wrong program to open the file, It can be harder to undo that set up. I normally un-tick the box, then if the program works all right, I go back and reopen it with the box ticked.

            Image 1.

            Image 2.
     While this is a good method to open a file, there is a better alternative, not necessary a replacement option but this works better than opening a program then "going to look for the file" you just use the mouse right click button, then use "Send  To"  see Image 2  this can display a list of programs to open up your file.

      So what then if your program is not on the list ? No worry, keep on reading and you will see how easy it is to put that program on the "Send To" list.

       Using Image 3
      1 . Right click the "Start" button
      2 . Click on to " Explore".
      3 . Open the "Send To" folder normally   "C:\windows\SendTo" or   "C:\windows\ShellNew\SendTo"
      4 . Right click inside the folder on the white space below were the files are listed and select "New".

            Image 3.

      In this example we are going to "Create Shortcut" to "Notepad", you might ask "why do that?" you click on a small text file and Notepad will open it up. Well! I find this handy to open a *.HTML file with Notepad or another program type file that can be changed with a text editor.

      Then. Select the "Shortcut".
      When  Image 4  first appears, the " Command line:" is empty.
      Browse for the program you are making the shortcut for. In this case it is notepad.exe, Then your image will look like my  Image 4  Then click on to Next >
      If you are happy with the name click "Finish".

            Image 4.

See, I told you it was easy, by making all the short cuts you need, you can send any file to any suitable program of that file type, quick and easy.