Re: tidy rudeness (fwd)

Dan;

Perhaps you'll need to ask your question with reference to the standards
to which Tidy tries to conform.  For example, I found that tid yutends
to clean up those characters which are specific to a certain browser but
not accepted by other browsers.  I believe the accepted set of
characters is quite confining.

Is the resulting document unreadable?  Or difficult to maintain
thereafter?

In order to remain as close to compliancy as possible, what do you
suggest?  Do you suggest that someone look into an option to accept
certain other characters (©, ™, etc) ?  It might be easier if
you indicate what you'd prefer.

Allan