From: Klaus Johannes Rusch [mailto:KlausRusch@atmedia.net]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 2:53 PM
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: CheckColor default

The latest version of tidy automatically replaces hex color values with the
corresponding names. The code looks as if this was supposed to become a
configuration option in the future but is currently hardcoded to yes.

I believe the default should be to not replace colors -- "#000000" is just
as
valid as "black".

The option probably should allow conversions in both directions, i.e.

        ColorAttributes: symbolic|hexadecimal|asis

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net