Re: tidy and JavaScript

* Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
>On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Schrader Wolfgang OI43 wrote:
>
>> I tried tidy together with ultraedit (www.ultraedit.com)
>> and attach the source and the error list.

I wonder where you got the localized version of HTML Tidy from. I always
wanted to provide localized error messages, but I never had time to do
it and the current implementation of general localization makes it not
very easy to implement different languages into HTML Tidy (_and_
maintaining the source).

>> Zeile 246 Spalte 0 - Warnung: '<' + '/' + Buchstabe ist hier nicht
>> zugelassen
>
>'<' should be encoded as '&lt;' in JavaScript.

No! In HTML <script> is CDATA. CDATA elements are closed by the first
occurence of '<' + '/' + Letter, thus this sequence has to be split up
e.g. by escaping the '/', i.e. document.write("<\/p>") instead of
document.write("</p>").