Re: Adding options to config.txt

At 9:00 AM -0400 8/24/01, Xavier Decoret wrote:

>To ensure that all files of my web site uses correct headers/footers
>and to change them all at once, I use SSI with:
><!--exec cmd="Header.pl" -->
>My web page body.
><!--exec cmd="Footer.pl" -->

><!--exec cmd="Header.pl" -->

>Could it be possiible to add an option to the config.txt file
>so to switch off this behavior.
>
>And would'nt it be nice to have SSI command starting a new line?
>
>Apologize if these option already exist, I did'nt find them.
>I am using tidy -v:
>HTML Tidy release date: 4th August 2000

Unfortunately the 04 Aug 00 version of Tidy (at least for most platforms)
doesn't offer such a config option.

But good news, the next version of Tidy has an option to suppress
everything but the body. The option is "show-body-only: yes".

Now for the bad news. I took your example :

<!--exec cmd="Header.pl" -->
My web page body.
<!--exec cmd="Footer.pl" -->

and tried with the current (23 Aug 01) C version of Tidy, with the
"--show-body-only yes" command line option, and what gets produced is :

stdin: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"
stdin: Document content looks like HTML 3.2
no warnings or errors were found

My web page body. <!--exec cmd="Footer.pl" -->

We don't have complete support for SSI in Tidy, so there are limitations as
to what works.

Regards, Terry