Re: HTML Tidy Demo

At 1:38 PM -0400 8/17/01, JHolt@sybex.com wrote:
>Sybex, the computer book publisher in California, would like to include
>the latest demo of HTML Tidy on its upcoming CD-ROM to accompany the book
>"Mastery XHTML-Premium Edition" . Please let me know if you would like to
>participate; I will gladly forward you or the appropriate person a brief
>letter of agreement that formalizes this request. Thanks for your help--

For the benefit of Jason and others on the mailing list listening in :

HTML Tidy is available on multiple platforms, and in multiple forms. All
based on the base Tidy source code. The base source code was principally
authored by Dave Raggett, and is copyrighted and covered by the W3C
software license :

<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720>

Distribution of the base Tidy code and derivations are allowable as per :

<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#software_publisher>

I won't speak for other authors of HTML Tidy based software, but I would be
more than happy for you to distribute on your CD, the versions of Tidy for
Mac OS that I author.

I will contact you off the list regards formalizing the request for Tidy
for Mac  OS; I suggest other authors also contact you off the list.

A new version of the base Tidy code is about to be released soon -
depending on the timing of the release of your CD, this may some impact on
what versions of derivative works of Tidy actually end up on your CD.

Thank you for your interest in HTML Tidy.

Regards, Terry Teague