Re: FAQ List ?

At 12:43 AM -0500 2/20/2001, J. David Bryan wrote:
>On 18 Feb 2001, at 23:07, r keir wrote:

>> My first use of Tidy was frustrating because the file I directed errors
>> to using -f came up with 0 bytes, even though I already knew of several
>> errors/warnings and Tidy found 12 on a later run.
>
>What specific command line did you use?  Using, e.g.:
>
>  tidy -f t.err t.html
>
>...will indeed write errors and warnings to the "t.err" file, and will
>write the tidied markup to the screen.

There were some previous versions of Tidy (on most platforms) that had a
bug that caused an empty errors file to be created - the current 04 Aug 00
version does not have that bug.

Also I have noticed that the order of the arguments on the command line can
make a difference when involving error files - I defer to Dave that his
example above as being the correct way; you should check for yourself to
see if order matters for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry