Re: working with buffer in memory

Look at the work I did for TclTidy, it does some of
what you want (and it will take you two minutes to
rip out the Tcl specific code).

Tcl can load TclTidy (which contains all of the Tidy
code) and pass a buffer containing HTML to parse.
TclTidy returns another buffer containing the result.
I don't know about the "block of text" you want to
parse.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclxml

Look for "tidy" under the TclXML project on SourceForge.
You'll have to use CVS to get the sources, we haven't
had time to gen tarballs or binary releases.

-- Scott