Re: OT: XHTML 1.0 vs. HTML 4.01 in MSIE

Stephan Engelke wrote:
> Here is a problem I encoutered, not so much with tidy, but rather with
> a page not being displayed at all.  This may be a little off-topic,
> but I folks on this list seemed quite knoledgable to me, so I'll try
> anyways.

Stephen --

I'm certainly no expert on this but I have been able to replicate your
problem.  Somehow, I think the MSXML support in IE is messed up.  If I
save the document to my local drive, it works fine if I use a .html
suffix but not an .xml suffix.  Perhaps you'd have better luck posting
this on a MS IE related list.  I've never been able to find a clear
explanation of exactly the steps that MSXML support in IE goes through
to render a page.

I would have at least thought that I'd get an error message somewhere
but I don't even see that.

Gary