RE: HTML 3.2-compliant page warning

I think the only way to supress this message is to include a 3.2 DOCTYPE
statement.

From http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

but you should actually use (no "Final"):

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Dutra Miguel - SI - MX / Puebla [mailto:mdutra@luk-puebla.com.mx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:00 AM
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: HTML 3.2-compliant page warning

Dear Dave,

I would like to let you know that I've used Tidy to validate a HTML
3.2-compliant page and it warned me about a missing "summary" attribute in a
table. I've checked the reference specification for this version and I
couldn't find such attribute, so I think Tidy shouldn't issue a warning...
It has correctly identified my page as HTML 3.2.

By the way, Tidy is a great tool!

Kind regards,

Miguel.