RE: XML Tidy?

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Reitzel, Charlie wrote:

> I have the same type of thing in mind.  It is the kind of thing you should
> be able to accomplish with a library version of Tidy.
>
> In the meantime, if you preserve the original input, you should be able to
> simply subtract N lines from the _reported_ line numbers  - that is, I am
> assuming, the N lines of header you put in front of the user's input.
>
> take it easy,
> Charlie

Submitted for refinement is a patch for doing almost exactly the original
requirements. It defines another configuration option ("body-only") that skips
generation of the <html> node and all header tags in parser.c.

The only problem seems to be that if it actually encounters <html> and/or
header tags, well, it dies a horrible death. If somebody could take a look at
the patch and clean it up that would be much appreciated.

Me take it easy? Riiight... :)

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>