Next Tidy release schedule [was Re: Html-Tidy BUG ???]

At 4:54 PM -0700 6/14/01, Gary L Peskin wrote:
>In the meantime, I've followed with great interest the impressive
>activity over on SourceForge and on this list as well with respect to
>the HTML Tidy project.  Of course, we'd like to port over the
>improvements and changes to HTML Tidy at some point.  I haven't seen any
>mention of a release schedule.  Have I just missed this discussion.  I'd
>rather wait until the HTML Tidy folks get to a point where you're
>comfortable with the stability and feature set and ready for a release
>rather than trying to port the changes over as they occur and try to hit
>a moving target.

We would love to have you involved!

We haven't discussed any release schedule yet - there is plenty more to do
with what is already on our plate.

But speaking for myself, I was thinking the following :

1) Finish importing known bug reports up to 1st June 2001 - I expect this
will take another week or 2.

2) Get as many of these bugs fixed as possible (Sebastian Lange will be
back from vacation tomorrow, hint hint <grin>).

3) Import Dave Raggett's latest changes into the source code base.

4) Release a new version. I can't see that happening at the current rate
until probably August.

5) Import bugs reports from past 1st June 2001.

6) Start seriously thinking about a library version of Tidy.

7) Fix more bugs, possibly implement some of the feature requests, and
items on Dave Raggett's pending list.

8) Release, lather, rinse, repeat...

Comments?

Regards, Terry