Re: Hair loss and Netscape Blues !!

Thank you, Richard, THANK YOU!

I printed out your message, marked the most significant parts and
distributed it amongst my colleagues.
Chances are that they will ignore it (though paper is not as easy to ignore
as email, that's why I printed it out) - but at least I tried...

I myself abuse tables for layout (I grew up with it, I started using the
internet in late 1995, when Netscape had just introduced tables as
proprietary extension to HTML), but I try hard to get rid of it. And I try
talking my colleagues into it, but it's a long way to go.

The main problem that I see is that pages are designed by graphics
designers (in photoshop), and not by people who understand what HTML is all
about. And this is also what the customers expect.
Now does anybody have a satisfying solution for this? I doubt it...

I will keep on forwarding your messages though, Richard, if there are more
to come of this kind... thanks again!

sebastian

At 10:56 13.12.2000 +1300, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>"Steve Acton, Aggregates UK" <Steve.Acton@rmc.co.uk> wrote:
>         Developing my first site using tables for page layout
>
>On my knees, I beg you,
>with tears in my eyes, I *implore* you,
>
>     PLEASE don't do that!

[snip]

--
Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH

Sebastian Lange
mailto:lange@cyperfection.de
+49 6 21 58 71 04-22

Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4