Re: Syntactic vs. stylistic issues

Tidy is overzealous because the current draft of HTML 4.01 that I
downloaded does not preclude empty paragraphs, rather it only discourages
their use.

Tidy should have an option to retain empty paragraphs, since they are
currently syntactically valid, and offer an option of deleting them.
Presently, there is no way to retain empty paragraphs with Tidy.

you may try ftp.MaybeThisExists.com.</p>