Re: H3 within a link

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Denis Queffeulou wrote:
:
> I'm using JTidy as a parser, and I have a problem with the following code:

>     	<h3>blabla</h3>
>     </a>
>
> Tidy generates :
>
> <h3>blabla</h3>
>
> Is it a bug or is it a consequence of bad HTML writting ??

It's a consequence of bad HTML writing: <a> elements can only have inline
contents, but <h3> is block-level. When Tidy gets to the <h3> start tag, it
assumes missing </a> and </p> end tags to get back to block level, then deletes
the empty elements formed. After the heading it ignores the extra </a>.

It could also be considered a bug, as it should be obvious to Tidy that you
meant:

<h3><a href="toto.html>blabla</a></h3>

> I have search in the list something like this problem and I found "Bug:
> Nested anchor elements allowed" but the patch is in C, what about the Java
> code, especially the DescendantOf function ?

That isn't related to this.

> Thanks,
>
> Denis Queffeulou

hope this helps,