RE: Style attributes in elements?

Henry Rzepa wrote:

> >This is an accident of history -- from the way Mosaic implemented
> >HTML. W3C is transitioning away from presentation attributes and
> >towards the use of style sheets, so this isn't something we can
> >easily fix.
>
> Along the same lines, can we persuade  Tidy to convert
> element  height and width attributes into their stylesheet
> equivalent?

Tidy could of course be made to do that, but remember that the height and
width attributes for IMG *are* in the HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 Strict DTDs
(it's the alignment and border stuff that's been taken out).

What's that old saying -- God was able to create the world in just 6 days,
because he didn't have an installed base to contend with.  ...

/Jelks