Re: tidy inserts a blank character

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:52:08PM -0800, Gary L Peskin wrote:

> It's good to know that Andy left us with a faithful port of tidy!  I
> have real reservations about "fixing" the JTidy code base and getting
> out of sync with Tidy.  I think we should strive to keep the
> implementations as identical as possible in this core functionality.

Yep! Now I know what the Wine team has to go through, trying to
duplicate all the bugs ;)

Seriously, I appreciate Andy's and Dave's work tremendously, and do
think that the Java port should keep as faithful as possible to the original.

> When Tidy is fixed, we will obviously reflect that change in JTidy.  But
> I don't think it's a good idea to have local fixes all over the place.
> I felt badly about the last fix but it was causing a java exception and
> I annotated it clearly.  We'll have to remove it or revisit it when Tidy
> is corrected.

I agree. I do think, however, that in cases where a trivial fix would
be possible, we could try to offer it to Mr. Raggett just to make his
job easier.

If necessary, I can administer a separate CVS code fork (a branch,
mergeable to the trunk) for JTidy versions that beat the original to
bugfixes etc. Forks are not very productive though :(

-Sami

--
lempinen@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/

                             apt-get a life