Re: regression test for tidy

At 12:07 AM +0200 10/18/2000, Syver Enstad wrote:
>I'm "fooling" around with the source code for HTML tidy for my own
>pleasure/education. To ensure I don't break anything I use a regression
>test based on an html file and diffing the output from the original
>version with the output from the one I am fooling with.
>
>I just wondered if anyone had some "better" input html files that were
>chosen to really excercise the various features of the HTMLTidy, as these
>would provide a more thorough regression test. And if so, if I could have
>access to them.

I do limited regression testing when porting Tidy to Mac OS. Most of my
testing comes from real-world HTML that users send to me or the mailing
list when they discover what they believe is a bug. I keep those files
around, to make sure the bugs have been fixed, and haven't re-appeared
(sometimes they have), but I don't exhaustively test things (as I have
found out <grin>). There is some pretty horrible real-world HTML out there
<grin>.

I too would be interested in regression suites - perhaps you could make
your own available.

Regards, Terry