Re: Bug: missing quotes cause segmentation fault

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Terry Teague wrote:

> At 5:51 PM +0200 8/23/2000, Achim Schaefer wrote:
> >The following line of code leads to a segmentation fault
> with Tidy (vers 4th August 2000):
> >
> >(The closing quote are missing.)
>
> >Is this a bug that is already known? Has anybody posted a fix, yet?
>
> Yes, I believe this is a known bug (or a variation on a known bug) :
>
> Reported by Scott Davis 19 Jul 00, in the 08 Jul 00 version.
>
> Mismatched quotes for an element's attribute causes a NULL
> pointer to be dereferenced when reporting the error, which
> causes a crash/segmentation fault on some platforms.

Thanks for the reports. I have modified ParseAttrs() to improve
how it handles missing trailing quotemarks, and added a new
warning to make it clear what is going on. The changes effected
lexer.c, localize.c and html.h. I will include the fixes in the
next release.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)